Diet for pancreatitis should be complete, and meals are easily digestible. A gentle diet should contain nutrients based on the principles of good nutrition.
Diet table for various types of pancreatitis
The diet for pancreatitis is designed for a longer period, it includes many dishes that are easily processed in the stomach.
The ratio of essential nutrients is:
- 9, 210 kJ;
- 2300 kcal; 85 g of protein;
- 80 g fat;
- 240 g of carbohydrates.
Diet for pancreatitis includes adherence to cooking technology from recommended products and exclusion of contraindications from the diet.
For chronic form
In chronic inflammation, foods that can cause an attack of pancreatitis are excluded from the diet:
- egg yolks;
- sour cream;
- cold drinks, ice cream.
- Meals must not contain fat, only a piece of butter whose daily content does not exceed 20 g can be added to ready meals.
- You can't eat soups seasoned by frying in oil.
- Limit foods that contain cholesterol such as egg yolk, brain, liver, kidneys.
- Don't eat ice cream or mayonnaise.
- Add sweeteners instead of sugar to sweet dishes.
- Combinations of fats and sugars in food should be avoided.
Sample menu for people diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis
- 2 egg whites, spinach salad.
- Toast from a slice of wholemeal bread.
- Coffee or tea.
- Herbal tea.
- Cooked rice or red beans.
- Yeast-free bread.
- Grated vegetable soup or meat puree.
- Rosehip soup, cookies.
- Fish fillet.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Green salad with yogurt.
- Herbal tea, a slice of toast.
The basic rule of a frugal diet: food should be simple, non-fat, but complete, because the diet is prescribed not one day, but a lifetime.
In acute form
The patient during this period respects bed rest and starvation diet. On the first day after the attack, only hot tea should be given from the spoon. On the second day, crackers are added, with a strong feeling of hunger you can add mashed potatoes without oil.
On the third day it is suggested:
- milk tea;
- stale bread;
- cooked rice;
- apple puree.
On the fourth day you can suggest:
- cottage cheese;
- mashed vegetable or potato soup.
In case of deterioration
Worsening of pancreatitis occurs when the principle of nutrition is violated. So, during the fasting period, meat products are replaced with carbohydrate food, legumes, peas, lentils. This food contains heavy fiber that needs to be broken down by more enzymes produced by the pancreas.
Eating lots of greens, radishes, green onions in the spring, worsens the gastrointestinal tract.Pancreatitis does not develop individually, but together with gastritis, inflammation of the stomach.Spring vegetables, freshly squeezed juices affect the increase in acidity, which causes acid reflux, causing inflammation in the gland.
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis during exacerbation should be strict. In case of worsening of the pain syndrome, the same rules of food intake should be followed as during the acute form.
|Approved Products||Prohibited Products|
|Wheat toast, 50g steamed pudding from cottage cheese||Pastry Shop|
|Steamed puddings of potatoes or zucchini, carrots, cauliflower||Ice cream, chocolate, alcohol|
|Slimy soups in water, later in vegetable soups||Cans, sausages, fatty meats|
|Dried fruit compotes||Strong soups, meat, mushrooms|
|Lean fish, steamed||Raw fruits and vegetables|
|Egg whites, omelet from them||Radish, onion, beet, sorrel, radish, cabbage.|
Menu after pancreatitis removal
- Omelet of 2 proteins.
- Buckwheat porridge on water.
- Cottage cheese souffle.
- Slimy rice soup with breadcrumbs.
- Fish fillet stew.
- Strawberry xylitol.
- Dried apricots.
- Meat souffle made from lean meat.
- Carrot souffle.
- Decoction of rose hips.
The consistency of the food served should be tender and mushy. Serve fresh cheese not in its natural form, but in the form of baked puddings cooked on egg white, without butter, with the addition of dried fruit.
The main reason for the reactive form is the early activation of enzymes produced by the pancreas. They should usually be activated after entering the intestines, but when the duct in the pancreas narrows, enzymes accumulate.
Accumulating, they destroy glandular tissues, and their breakdown products enter the blood.
This happens because:
- chronic diseases;
- alcohol abuse;
- excess fatty foods;
- intestinal infections;
- food poisoning;
- operations on bile secretion organs;
- abdominal injuries.
The inflammatory process is alleviated by fasting, and after the end of the acute phase one should eat in small doses, eating food only in crushed form. In this case, the diet is prescribed by a doctor and it must be carried out under medical supervision.
Menu for 1 day with reactive inflammation, after removal of the acute attack
- Mashed potatoes in water.
- Boiled chicken, grated.
- Tea with pretzels
- Fat-free kefir.
- Cottage cheese pudding with raisins.
- Rice soup with vegetable broth.
- Steamed fish chops.
- Beetroot salad dressed in sunflower oil.
- Purified drinking water with crackers.
- Roast chicken fillet.
- Boiled buckwheat in water.
For the night:
- Cheese milk.
Diet, cooking technology is the same as for pancreatic pancreatitis in acute and then chronic form.
For pancreatitis in children
Children and adolescents with various forms of pancreatitis need long-term professional care to control symptoms and prevent complications. The diet for children assumes the same division as for adults: the period of the acute stage of the disease and the chronic form.
In the acute phase, children are given:
- On the first day, carbonated mineral water in small portions.
- Puree slimy soups are offered for 2-3 days.
- After 3 days, they are fed mashed porridge of cooked buckwheat, rice, cooked in water.
- Then steamed protein dishes, crackers, cottage cheese puddings are added.
- In the future, you can feed your children beetroot, mashed carrot soups, chicken souffle, steamed cutlets.
Eggs should be included in the diet for children, as they are easily digestible due to their resemblance to human proteins. Helps to restore the process in the digestive tract, cottage cheese, with a fat content of not more than 5%, treated with steam or in the oven.
For pancreatitis in adults
The diet for pancreatitis includes only 3 technological cooking procedures:
All solid foods have a detrimental mechanical effect, so prepared foods should have a soft consistency. Large pieces of food should be rotated through a meat grinder or wiped through a sieve. The amount of food taken at once should be less than the amount of a healthy person, so it should be 5-6 times a day.
During the diet, try to avoid temperature irritants that negatively affect the gastric mucosa. Serve food not too cold, but not too hot.Cold refrigerated products - ice cream, soft drinks - are contraindicated.
When cooking, follow the principle without salt, do not take more than 5-8 g of salt per day, spicy spicy and spicy spices are seasoned.
Prolonged use of ground food is not recommended. After eliminating the symptoms of worsening, you should immediately switch to a full-fledged diet. In the medical diet for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis, a special diet has been developed - no. 5. The first version was shown to patients during the period of acute disease development. Another option consists of dishes used for the chronic form.
Mediterranean diet for pancreatitis
Recent research by scientists has shown that the food that people eat in the Mediterranean is useful for preventing pancreatitis. For the Mediterranean diet to be effective, it must become a way of life, a system through which the body will receive only healthy food.
- unpeeled cereals;
Fats are in second place: olive oil, sunflower oil.
Third dairy products:
- curdled milk;
- cottage cheese;
Another place is occupied by proteins of animal origin:
- red meat;
Many of these foods are allowed for pancreatitis.
The best Mediterranean foods for pancreatitis:
- hot or cold pressed olive oil;
- fresh grilled vegetables;
- cereals, whole grain flour cookies;
- lean red meat, consumed no more than 1-2 times a month;
- natural yogurt, yogurt, sour cheeses.
Partially restricted and prohibited products
- starchy vegetables;
- sweets other than honey;
- blue cheeses;
- smoked, processed cheeses.
With pancreatitis you can eat seafood, but only 1-2 months after exacerbation.
What you can do:
- shrimp meatballs;
Seafood must be natural or frozen, but not canned. Six months after the deterioration in the diet can be introduced nuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts. Grind them before use.
Example menu for a week
- Breakfast.Natural yogurt with fresh peaches.
- Lunch.Sandwich with bread sliced into cereals with roasted vegetables: zucchini, carrots, pumpkin.
- Snack.Fresh fruit soup, cracker.
- Dinner.Salad with rice and grated chicken fillet.
- Breakfast.Fresh cheese, grated with berries.
- Lunch.Cooked fish, grilled vegetables.
- Dinner.Spinach souffle. Seasonal fruit.
- Breakfast.Natural yogurt with crackers.
- Lunch.Spaghetti with steamed vegetables.
- Snack.Sugar-free apple compote with dry whole grain bread toast.
- Dinner.Cottage cheese mousse.
- Breakfast.Protein omelette, steamed, yogurt.
- Lunch.Lean beef with grilled vegetables. Apple decoction.
- Snack.Fresh berries, black currants or jelly from them.
- Dinner.Grilled vegetable salad.
- Breakfast.Sugar-free muesli with yogurt.
- Lunch.Rice with spinach, vegetable soup, sweet tea.
- Snack.Seasonal berries or banana juice.
- Dinner.Roasted pepper soup with whole grain bread toast.
- Breakfast.Steamed omelet with beans, carrot juice.
- Lunch.Sea fish soup, grilled vegetables, non-carbonated mineral water.
- Snack.Baked apple.
- Dinner.Spaghetti with feta cheese. Tea.
- Breakfast.Cottage cheese souffle, homemade butter-free cake.
- Lunch.Roasted pepper and spinach puree soup, carrot juice.
- Snack.Terms of 1 tsp.
- Dinner.Sea fish souffle, yogurt.
Before starting a diet, you should plan your fasting days. The best option: diet 5 days, and fast 1 day. Such a day does not mean complete rejection of food, it is enough to fill the body for 600-700 kcal. Unloading is beneficial for pancreatitis, giving rest to the body, forcing it to process the food it has been receiving in previous days.
The diet for pancreatitis includes therapeutic fasting. This is one of the components of therapy. Doctors prescribe very different periods of fasting, they depend on the severity of the disease and individual tolerance. For medical purposes, during the fasting period, patients are injected with substances that inhibit the secretion of the pancreas: atropine, diphenhydramine.
Based on research, fasting for up to 12 days has not had a detrimental effect on patientswith an acute form of pancreatitis. During this period, urine and blood returned to normal, all unwanted symptoms disappeared: nausea, vomiting and health stabilized.
The optimal time for the procedure is 3 days, during which the pancreas can rest completely and continue to function. The process of giving up food should be gradual, as should the process of returning. Fasting for medical purposes may only take place under medical supervision.
Diet recipes for children and adults
The recipes below will not only help alleviate the condition of the body, but will prepare for the therapeutic fast if necessary.
Zucchini and cauliflower puree soup
- zucchini, 100 g; cauliflower, 100 g; saline, 3 ml; 250 ml of water;
- butter, 5 g.
The dish tastes good when cooked in a slow stove:
- Peel a squash and cut it into cubes.
- Separate the inflorescences in the cabbage.
- Soak vegetables in cold water for 60 minutes.
- Lubricate the multicooker pan with a little oil (you can use sunflower).
- Put vegetables, pour water, add saline.
- Install the SOUP program and cook according to the mode.
- After boiling, beat the mixture with a mixer.
Use saline instead of salt for baby food. In this case it will not be exceeded. To prepare 15 g of salt, dissolve in 50 ml of warm water and use as directed.
Milk soup with chicken puree
- White chicken, 300 g.
- Potatoes, 3 pcs.
- Milk, 250 g.
- Medium carrot, 1 pc.
How to cook:
- Pour milk over the fillet.
- Boil and simmer until soft, 25 minutes, adding salt to taste at the end of cooking.
- Take out the file, chop in a blender.
- Peeled and diced potatoes add to the pot with milk and cook until soft.
- Grate the carrots on a medium grater. Add to soup.
- Put the chicken puree in a plate, pour over the milk broth. Serve warm.
Slimy oatmeal soup
- Pour 50 g of cereal over cold water, put on the fire and cook for at least 2 hours under the lid.
- Rub the prepared cereals through a sieve, boil with the remaining liquid, pour warm milk, 150 g, season with salt or sweetener.
- Instead of milk, you can add water and boil it all together.
Vermicelli casserole with meat
- Cook vermicelli, 100-150 g.
- Pass 60 g of cooked red meat through a meat grinder.
- Put vermicelli with meat in a pan, previously oiled, add salt.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, after placing a wide bowl of hot water underneath.
- Casseroles can be cooked in a double boiler.
- For chronic pancreatitis, you can add butter to the pan.
- Lean meat, 120 g, cook, grind.
- Add 10 g of semolina.
- Combine with one, beaten fork, egg whites, mix lightly.
- Put the prepared mixture into a mold.
- Place in the oven, after placing a wide pot of hot water on the bottom shelf.
- The dish can be cooked in a double boiler.
- Preheat oven to 175˚S, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook the chicken fillet and then grind it.
- Put chicken, milk, flour, beaten egg whites in the pot.
- Put in a mold, bake until soft.
- Products: chicken 150 g; flour 5 g; oil 15 g; protein 1 pc.
- Boiled fish, preferably pike, boil, grind through a fine grinder.
- From milk, flour, make jelly sauce, combine with fish.
- Add the protein mixed with a fork.
- Transfer the mixture to a mold, bake in the oven until soft
- Products: fish - 160 g, oil, 25 g; flour 10 g; protein 1 pc.
- Peel 150 g of raw pumpkin on the grill and bake in the oven.
- Cook the rice, mix with the roasted pumpkin.
- Rice with pumpkin can be put in for another 8 minutes. into the oven so that they connect.
- Grate 2 pieces of raw beets on a piece.
- Add 2 tbsp. l. bread crumbs or flour, salt to taste.
- Stir to form burgers.
- Transfer to a deep bowl, add water, no more than 1 cm, simmer until soft.
Carrot Steamed Pudding with Apples
- fresh carrots, 2 pcs;
- green apple, 1 pc;
- semolina, 1 tbsp. l. ;
- 1 tbsp. milk. ;
- 1 protein;
- butter, about 25 g;
- Chop the carrots on a grater, sauté in a pan until softened with milk.
- After 5-6 minutes. add the grated apple. Turn off for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the whole mass in a blender, add semolina, sweetener, combine with whipped proteins.
- Place the mass in a mold and bake in the oven at + 170˚S, after placing a wide pan with hot water on a wide pan.
- Ready in 45 minutes.
Diet for pancreatitis allows the use of fresh cheese.It should have a little fat, but you can cook in a multicooker, in steam mode.
- Whisk the cottage cheese (100 g) with a hand blender.
- Add grated carrot, semolina (1 tablespoon).
- You can add 2 tbsp. spoons of kefir.
- Beat 1 egg white with a fork.
- Put everything together and put in a small ceramic bowl.
- Place the bowl on the multicooker sieve after placing a plate of water on the bottom.
- Set the desired setting and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Cottage cheese pudding
- semolina, 2 tsp;
- grated cottage cheese, 200 g;
- protein, 1-2 pieces;
- vanillin, sugar or sweetener.
How to cook:
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add the beaten egg whites.
- Put the mixed food in a greased, crumbled bowl.
- Bake in the oven for at least 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then turn over on a tray.
- white of one egg;
- sweetener, vanilla.
How to cook:
- Beat the protein well with a mixer, adding the vanilla.
- Put water in a pot on the stove, season with salt, wait until it boils.
- Take a spoonful of the protein mass and dip one piece in water. After 2-3 minutes. get ready-made snowballs.
Banana and peach cake without baking
- cottage cheese, 300 g;
- dry biscuits, 350 g;
- milk 120 ml;
- fresh peaches, 500 g;
- banana, 1 pc;
- gelatin, 30 g;
- water, 200 ml.
How to cook:
- Fill the gelatin with water and allow it to swell.
- Grind the cookies in a blender, add warm milk, mix everything well.
- Place the mixture in a divided cake pan, cover the bottom with baking parchment, carefully spread on the bottom of the pan.
- Grind a banana and 300 g peaches in a blender.
- Grate fresh cheese, add fruit to it.
- Heat the swollen gelatin until it dissolves and pour ½ parts into the curd and fruit mixture.
- Put the mixture in a mold on top of the cookies, put in the fridge for 1 hour. before hardening.
- After an hour, take out the cake, decorate with the remaining peaches and cover them with hot gelatin. Put the cake in the fridge for another hour.
- Add a little sweetener to the curd if you like.
- If the cake is made from canned peaches, pour the top layer of fruit with gelatin dissolved in peach syrup.
Inflammation of the pancreas, pancreatitis, significantly reduces the quality of life. Impairment in the work of digestion can be caused by various reasons, which can occur in different forms. Diet plays an important role in the treatment regimen developed by doctors.