Maggie’s 4 week diet has been becoming more popular lately. People who pay attention to diet and shape have probably heard of this effective diet. It is considered one of the best and easiest weight loss systems. What is this diet and whether it is worth trying, this article will tell.
You will also find a detailed menu for each day, which is presented in the table for convenience. How safe is it to use the Maggi diet for weight loss and to whom such a weight loss system is contraindicated.
Maggi diet or protein diet consists of 2 types of food: eggs and cottage cheese. Surprisingly, only these products can be consumed and not mixed with each other. The only exception is grapefruit, which can be eaten with eggs for breakfast. The diet lasts 2 or 4 weeks.It is not known who the inventor of this diet was, but it was named after Margaret Thatcher, whose breakfast consisted of two eggs and a grapefruit wedge. It is such a balanced diet system, ie. proteins in combination with citrus fruits are considered an ideal system for weight loss and fast weight loss.
As mentioned above, the diet lasts 2 to 4 weeks.
1 week. The hardest time is to restructure the body. At this stage, the body gets used to eating the same food all the time. Dizziness and nausea may occur, but all symptoms disappear with a glass of clean calm water.
Week 2. At this point, the body is already getting used to a certain diet, so the amount of protein intake may increase. However, stool problems can occur, which are quickly resolved with laxative herbal decoctions.
Week 3. This period is often psychologically difficult, because you no longer have the strength to watch the same products, you want to return to a normal diet. But this week you may notice results in body weight. Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness.
Week 4. The body is completely restored, the discomfort is not felt at all, and the extra pounds disappear before our eyes.
It is worth noting that such a diet can help you lose 10-12 kg per month. But don’t trust pseudo diets that also allow the use of shrimp, oil, vinegar, etc. The diet should contain only eggs, cottage cheese and citrus fruits.
Maggi diet for 4 weeks: menu for every day
Basic rules to follow throughout the Maggi egg diet:
- Meals should be three times a day, while it is desirable to eat at the same time. Two hours after a meal, you can have a snack, like a carrot or a fresh cucumber.
- You can eat after 6 pm, the main thing is that the meal is done 3 hours before bedtime.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water, at least two liters, tea, coffee, but no sugar.
- It is forbidden to change the menus, for example, lunch and dinner, and the products listed in the menu should also not be replaced by others.
- If for some reason a product is excluded from the diet, then it cannot be replaced by another.
- Dishes can be cooked in the oven, in a multi-cooker, cooked, the use of any oils and fats is prohibited.
- At least a little physical activity is absolutely necessary, you can start with a simple walk.
Before starting a diet, it is best to consult a doctor so as not to harm your body.
Before you start the Maggi diet, you need to opt for products that will make up the menu for 4 weeks. Although the diet is called an egg, it contains many more ingredients in the original, the list can be seen in the table.
What foods can you eat
- Vegetables. Of course, vegetables and herbs come first in product selection. This choice is obvious because vegetables are high in fiber and have no carbs at all. It is useful to use combinations of several vegetables. They can be cooked, stewed, cooked in a pot and simply eaten fresh. It is allowed to use frozen vegetables and add a small amount of spices to improve the taste.
- Berries and fruits. For good nutrition fruit must be present in the diet. A characteristic of this diet is the consumption of large amounts of citrus fruits: mandarins, grapefruits, oranges, as well as kiwis and other fruits.
- Fermented dairy products. Fresh cheese can be eaten fat-free, up to 9%. It is allowed to eat hard cheese with a low percentage of fat. Kefir and yogurt can be drunk only from 4 weeks.
- Fish and seafood. It is also desirable that it is not greasy: haddock, pollock, cod, carp, pike. For seafood, shrimp and mussels are welcome.
- Eggs, poultry and meat. Chicken meat can be eaten without the skin in sufficient quantity, because it is not greasy. The use of eggs and offal is allowed: heart, liver. You can eat lean meat in roasted, cooked or stewed form, without salt and oil.
- Bread. Rye bread, not more than 30 grams, soft or whole grain bread. Special diet bread sold in health food stores.
- Spices. This diet allows moderate use of spices. You can season salads and ready meals with salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Use sugar-free soy sauce.
- Drinking mode. You can drink water without limitation in quantity. Sweet If there is a crisis during your sweet tooth diet, you can treat yourself to a sugar-free lollipop. Stevia and agave syrup are used as a substitute for sugar.
What foods are forbidden
The following foods are strictly forbidden in the Maggi diet:
- Canned vegetables, meat and fish. Oil-free tuna has been allowed for the past week.
- Sweeteners - sorbitol and fructose, as well as pure sugar.
- Jam and honey.
- Lentils, beans, beans.
- Bananas, mangoes, grapes, avocados, figs, as well as high-calorie dried fruits are not allowed.
- Sauces and mayonnaise.
- Vegetables and butter.
- Pasta and bakery products.
- Alcoholic beverages.
Maggi diet with eggs
It is worth noting that breakfast is the same for the first two weeks. It consists of 2 hard-boiled eggs and half an orange or grapefruit.
|Days of the week||Lunch||Dinner|
|Monday||1 type of fruit and in any quantity (orange, apple, pear, strawberry, cherry, kiwi, pomelo, etc. )||Lettuce leaves, pork or beef cut or minced, poultry.|
|Tuesday||Chicken without skin||2 boiled eggs, 1 toast of grain flour or 1-2 loaves, 1 orange or grapefruit, vegetable salad.|
|Wednesday||1 toast of grain flour or 1-2 loaves, tomato, low-fat cheese up to 20% or cottage cheese up to 5-9% in any quantity||Lettuce leaves, lean pork, beef or poultry.|
|Thursday||1 type of fruit and in any quantity.||Lettuce, lean pork, beef or poultry|
|Friday||2 boiled eggs, boiled vegetables||Lettuce leaves, 1 orange or grapefruit, slice of fish|
|Saturday||1 fruit type||Lettuce, cooked meat|
|Sunday||Chicken fillet, cooked vegetables, tomato, 1 orange or grapefruit||Any cooked vegetables|
|Monday||Lettuce, pork or beef.||2 boiled eggs, lettuce, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Tuesday||Lettuce, pork or beef.||2 boiled eggs, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Wednesday||Pork or beef, cucumbers 1-2 pcs.||2 boiled eggs, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Thursday||2 boiled eggs, any white cheese up to 20% or cottage cheese 5-9%, vegetables||2 boiled eggs|
|Friday||Lean fish||2 eggs (omelette on water)|
|Saturday||Pork or beef, 1-2 pcs. tomato, 1 orange or grapefruit||Fresh fruit mix (orange, mandarin, melon, peach, apple, strawberry, cherry, cherry, kiwi, pomelo, etc. )|
|Sunday||Chicken without skin, 1-2 pcs. tomato, vegetables, 1 orange or grapefruit||Chicken without skin, tomato 1-2 pcs. , 1 orange or grapefruit, vegetables|
|Week 3 (breakfast is distributed with the listed products)|
|Monday||Any fruit in any quantity, at any time. Can be combined with any other fruit except grapes, mango, dates, bananas, figs, avocados|
|Tuesday||All day: any cooked vegetables and all fresh vegetable salads except the combination with potatoes and beans.|
|Wednesday||All day: any of the above fruits, any cooked vegetables, salads in any quantity. Any time.|
|Thursday||Cooked or fried fish in any quantity, salad (only Chinese cabbage or lettuce leaves) in any quantity, cooked vegetables.|
|Friday||Cooked or fried lean meat, except lamb. Or chicken, cooked vegetables.|
|Saturday||All day: one type of fruit in any quantity, at any time (only apples, or only pears, or only peaches, or only apricots).|
|Week 4 (breakfast is distributed with the listed products)|
|Monday||4 slices of roasted or cooked meat or 1/4 cooked
3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers
1 can of tuna without butter, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit
|Tuesday||2 slices of fried or cooked meat (maximum 200 grams), 3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers, 1 toast, apple or pear or 1 wedge of melon, or orange or grapefruit|
|Wednesday||1 tablespoon cottage cheese or any white cheese
(picked), a plate of cooked vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit
|Thursday||1/2 boiled or fried chicken, 3 tomatoes, cucumber, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit, one of these fruits|
|Friday||2 boiled eggs, lettuce (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, peppers, without dressing), 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Saturday||2 boiled chicken breasts, 125 grams of cottage cheese or feta cheese, 1 toast, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, yogurt, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Sunday||1 tablespoon cottage cheese, jar of oil-free tuna, small bowl of cooked vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit|
How to get out of the diet: rules and guidelines
It is necessary to leave the diet gradually, because a sharp rejection of dietary food can cause problems in the work of the digestive tract. For this:
- for the next week, keep in the menu the products to which the body is accustomed during the diet (chicken, cottage cheese, citrus fruits, apples);
- try not to eat foods that can cause rapid weight gain (fried potatoes, sweets, pastries, pasta);
- does not increase portions quickly;
- keep track of the number of calories consumed per day;
- do not use sugar (or reduce the daily dose to a minimum).
Maggi diet, whose reviews indicate its effectiveness, helps you get rid of excess weight and the habit of regularly consuming unhealthy foods.
Maggi diet with curd for 4 weeks - original
The curd version of the Maggi diet for 4 weeks differs in that low-fat cottage cheese is used instead of eggs.
So the table with the Maggi diet curd menu is no different from the previous one, except that 2 eggs replace 200 g of curd.
Maggi diet: which is more effective than cottage cheese or eggs
In fact, the main difference between Maggi's egg and cottage cheese diets is the main ingredient. For a long time, the version of the egg weight loss system was considered harmful, and even dangerous, due to the prevailing myth about the dangers of cholesterol, which is contained in excess in boiled eggs.
However, this myth has now been dispelled and it has become reliably known that the human body best absorbs the natural fats contained in eggs without creating large amounts of fatty acids and accumulating cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels.
Another difference is the fact that the Maggi diet with eggs is usually calculated for a month period, while the curds are much softer. The duration of most options for the Maggi curd diet is 1-2 weeks, however there are four-child systems as well.
It is important to note that eggs and cottage cheese are interchangeable products. So you can switch from an egg diet to cottage cheese without much damage to the body and vice versa.
How often can the Maggi diet be repeated
It is recommended to complete the Maggi diet no more than once every six months. However, after the course, you can improve the result with the help of a shortened version, going through the first and fourth weeks again.
Many people, who choose the Maggi diet for weight loss, complain that they are very hungry at first. This is due to the fact that the stomach has not yet managed to shrink, and the amount of food has shrunk.
Often the urge to eat becomes a cause of malfunction, so the use of snacks is avoided.
Various fruits and persimmons on the Maggi diet are not recommended to satisfy hunger. Low-calorie vegetables like lettuce, cucumber and carrots are a great solution.
Snacks are allowed only two hours after a meal.
Food preparation rules
Maggi diet rules:
- Eggs hard boiled.
- Chicken gets rid of skin and fat before cooking.
- Meat, chicken and fish are best used cooked or stewed; fried allowed, but without oil, in a non-stick pan. Meat and minced meat are not fatty.
- Vegetables are boiled in water, steamed or stewed. You can add spices, garlic, garlic; salt in small quantities.
Soups and spices with flavor enhancers are prohibited.
- Vegetable salad on the menu is a salad of fresh vegetables without the addition of oil and mayonnaise. You can use salad dressings without oil (with yogurt, lemon or lime juice, wine or apple cider vinegar, diluted with water).
- Drink at least about two liters of fluid a day. Tea and coffee - at any time, but without sugar and milk. You can use a sugar substitute. Stevia is a natural herbal sweetener in tablets or extract, 10-15 times sweeter than sugar.
- If the amount of product is not listed in the menu, then you can eat it without restrictions.
- It is better to start the diet on Monday, so that there is no confusion in the menu. If there’s another day of the week, it’s still a menu for Monday.
Forbidden: sugar, butter and all fats, mayonnaise, potatoes, white bread, lamb, fruits with high glycemic index (ripe bananas, watermelon, melon, papaya), dried fruits.
Who shouldn't use the Maggi diet for weight loss
Maggi diet is quite difficult for the body and has its contraindications:
- Allergy to ingredients.
- Hypertension and hypotension.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Liver and kidney diseases.
The Maggi diet has many supporters and skeptics. Even among nutritionists, there is no unequivocal opinion as to whether this is a good and effective diet or is more destructive.
Anyway, you can only answer this question by trying it yourself. But if there is a deterioration in health, bitterness in the mouth, then it is better to refuse such a way of losing weight.