A carbohydrate-free diet allows you to lose weight fast, but it is better to apply it after a complete examination. The diet has many contraindications and can be harmful to the body if used for longer than the recommended period.
What is a diet without carbohydrates
The diet is designed for bodybuilders to build muscle mass with maximum body fat loss. In the future, the diet is formed as follows: 50% protein, about 40% fat, the recommended amount of carbohydrates is 10-15%.
Benefit and harm
When this nutritional system is used, the amount of insulin produced is reduced, while the production of ketone bodies is activated. This leads to the conversion of body fat into energy.
The diet has several drawbacks. In the first days after switching to a diet, due to a decrease in glucose levels, complaints may occur:
- dizziness attacks;
- general weakness;
- reduced performance.
Due to the reduction in carbohydrate intake, the brain lacks glucose, which makes it likely to develop depressive states. Increased irritability is also possible. In rare cases, fainting is recorded. Lack of fiber in the diet can cause constipation. Because the diet is designed to last a long time, there can be a lack of nutritional value in foods rich in carbohydrates.
Before you start using the diet, it is necessary to undergo an examination and consult a doctor, because the diet has a number of contraindications and its use can lead to serious negative consequences. It is not recommended for people suffering from chronic kidney and liver diseases, because excessive amounts of protein can worsen the course of existing pathologies.
Diet is contraindicated in patients suffering from diabetes and other endocrine pathologies associated with disturbed metabolic processes in the body. Switching to protein foods can also create conditions for exacerbation of existing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The diet requires compliance with a number of rules:
- Food should be taken in small portions, but at least 5 times a day.
- The maximum allowable carbohydrates should be for breakfast. In this case, it will help the body to wake up, but will not interfere with the active burning of fat.
- On the first day of the diet, it is recommended to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the diet to 80 g, and the next 3 days to reduce their content in the diet to 20-40 g. This will avoid side effects.
- Food should be cooked, stewed or baked. Fried and fatty foods should be discarded.
- Dinner should be the least high-calorie meal of the day.
- The last meal should be no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
Regular exercise is recommended to achieve positive results from the diet. You can not abruptly leave the diet, switching to foods rich in carbohydrates, because it can negatively affect the functioning of all body systems.
What can you eat?
Before compiling a weekly menu, you need to figure out which foods you can eat and which ones to exclude. The basis of the diet should be foods low in carbohydrates. To begin the process of removing body fat with this diet, it is necessary to exclude all foods that contain sugar.
It is not recommended to include the following products in the menu:
- White rice;
- wheat flour;
- sausages and so on.
It is unacceptable to use ready meals with a high content of animal and vegetable fats. We have to forget about sugary drinks, fast food and alcohol. You cannot use semi-finished and canned foods. It is recommended to use black pepper, salt and other spices to a minimum.
Stages of the child
The diet gives good results due to the slow transition of the body to a state of ketosis. This process can be roughly divided into 4 stages. Each of them has its own developmental characteristics.
- The first phase of the process begins after introducing a small amount of carbohydrates into the breakfast diet and blocking their intake during the day. This leads to the fact that initially glucose is consumed from food, and then the glycogen stores from the muscles begin to be depleted.
- The second phase - the second day, a strong restriction of carbohydrates is recommended. Food-derived glucose is critically low, glycogen reserves are depleted, and the body begins to switch to other energy sources. The process of burning fat reserves is activated.
- Approximately 3-4 days after the start of the diet, the third phase of the process begins. To prevent muscle loss, a high-protein diet is recommended for the first few weeks of the diet. During this period, 1 kg of weight should have at least 3-4 g of protein.
- About a week after the start of the diet, the 4th phase of the process begins. Metabolism is restored, ketosis begins and active fat burning begins. Muscles become firmer and more elastic.
There are several types of diets. Some of them are gentle and are suitable for a wide range of people, while others are recommended for use only by professional athletes in preparation for competition.
A feature of this diet is the need to reduce the amount of carbohydrates to 20 g in the form of fiber. The basis of the diet is foods rich in protein and fat. This diet option gives good results, however, due to the constant lack of glucose, lethargy, memory damage, reduced speed of thinking and absence can occur. Long-term adherence to this diet is associated with a risk of developing chronic disorders.
A strong carbohydrate diet
This system is rigid, it is recommended to be used for a short time and only for professional athletes. Carbohydrates can be consumed only before physical activity, and an intensive training program is required.
A circular diet without carbohydrates
You can eat 30-40 g of carbohydrates, it is allowed to include cereals and vegetables in the diet. Restrictions must be respected for 6 days, followed by a "launch" day. On this day you can eat pasta, fresh and cooked vegetables, as well as limited unsweetened fruits. The side effects of this type of diet are minimal. After the day of filling you have to follow the diet again for 6 days.
Toxins formed during the process will flow from the adipose tissue into the blood as you lose weight. To remove them, you need to drink at least 1, 5-2 liters of water a day. Adequate fluid intake encourages bowel motility in fiber-deficient conditions due to limited intake of fresh vegetables, fruits, and grains.
How long can you sit on a carb-free diet
It is unacceptable to completely switch to a carbohydrate-free diet. The recommended duration of the diet is 3-6 weeks. The duration depends on the amount of extra pounds and how well the body tolerates this type of diet.
Diet menu for the week
A planned menu for each day can reduce the risk of failure. It is better to plan a diet for a week and prepare food in advance.
- breakfast: vegetable stew, 200 g of boiled beef, low-fat yogurt;
- lunch: green apple;
- lunch: sauerkraut, roasted fish - 200 g, green tea;
- afternoon snack: a few pieces of hard cheese;
- dinner: rabbit meat - 100 g, seafood salad, green tea.
- breakfast: vegetable salad, omelette of 3 egg whites, kefir;
- lunch: pomelo;
- lunch: turkey - 200 g, vegetable stew, cottage cheese;
- afternoon snack: skim milk;
- dinner: boiled fish - 200 g, cheese
- breakfast: oatmeal, ham, green tea;
- lunch: grapefruit;
- lunch: boiled pork - 200 g, cucumber, buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon snack: fermented baked milk;
- dinner: turkey soup, cottage cheese - 100 g.
- breakfast: protein omelet, boiled chicken and whole grain bread;
- lunch: kefir;
- lunch: vegetable stew, 200 g of rabbit meat, buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon snack: skim milk;
- dinner: paprikash, fresh vegetable salad.
- breakfast: roasted chicken liver, tomato and cucumber salad;
- lunch: unsweetened pear;
- lunch: fish soups, vinaigrette, 200 g of lamb;
- afternoon snack: apple;
- dinner: seafood salad, egg whites and a glass of yogurt.
- breakfast: cucumber and cabbage salad with olive oil, boiled chicken breast, green tea;
- lunch: green apple;
- lunch: roasted fish, stewed vegetables, unsweetened tea;
- afternoon snack: cottage cheese;
- dinner: low-fat yogurt without additives, eggs stuffed with chicken.
- breakfast: low-fat kefir, oatmeal, dried fruit;
- lunch: walnuts;
- lunch: meatball soup, sauerkraut;
- afternoon snack: low-fat cheese;
- dinner: boiled lean fish, green tea without sugar.
In case of failure
If a malfunction occurs, you shouldn’t blame yourself, it won’t do you any good. Once used without an unauthorized product, the defect will not in any way affect the weight loss results. If breakdowns happen every day, you need to understand the causes of the problem. Defects due to deterioration of physical condition often occur on a protein diet. In this case, it is better to switch to a milder diet.
How to get out of the diet
The correct output guarantees the consolidation of the achieved result. You need to gradually switch from a carb-free diet to a low-carb diet. The exit period is 2 weeks, the products should be introduced gradually, following the body's response to them. The carbohydrate content in the daily diet during this time should increase to 80 g.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy, a woman’s body and the developing fetus require different nutrients, so avoiding foods rich in carbohydrates can have negative consequences. In some cases, doctors prescribe a diet for pregnant women, in which the amount of carbohydrates ingested should be reduced to 80 g. The specialist should prescribe a special diet during pregnancy and lactation. It is impossible to make the decision to switch to such food on your own.