The name smoothie comes from the English smoothie (smooth, soft), a cocktail made from vegetables or fruits, berries, with toppings. This drink first appeared in America in the 1960s. Diet smoothies for weight loss are created by mixing food in a blender, resulting in a nutritious and gentle shake that can be used as a stand-alone meal for breakfast or dinner. Many women have lost weight on a smoothie diet, leaving behind a large number of delicious and effective recipes.
The vegetables and fruits from which the smoothie is prepared are full of huge amounts of vitamins and minerals. The fiber contained in these products has a positive effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract, improving digestion. Daily consumption of vegetables and fruits improves a person's general condition, strengthens the immune system and increases efficiency.
What are the benefits of smoothies for weight loss?
Smoothie is a diet drink, because the average caloric content of the product is not more than 150 kcal per 100 grams of drink. At the same time, properly selected ingredients will saturate the body with useful substances and free a person from hunger for a long time.
This smoothie is perfect for cleansing the body of toxins, because for that you have to replace sweets and harmful snacks with a glass of fresh smoothie. With the help of fruits and vegetables, weight loss will be fast and tasty, the body will be cleansed, improve bowel motility.
How to prepare for weight loss with a smoothie?
Nutritionists do not recommend a sudden transition from the usual high-calorie diet to the diet, because for the body such bursts are stressful and difficult to tolerate.
If you abruptly reduce your calorie content, side effects such as:
- general weakness and dizziness;
- depressed state;
- abdominal pain;
- unbearable feeling of hunger;
- an irresistible urge to eat sweets.
All of the above symptoms negatively affect a person’s general condition and interfere with normal weight loss. In this case, breaking down and breaking the diet is easier than ever because the body cannot withstand the stress.
Bitan!You must gradually prepare for the diet, for which it is recommended to reduce the amount of calories consumed daily, because you can keep a food diary for that.
You need to eat partially and in small meals, at least 5 times a day. It is worth limiting sweets, canned food, fried, smoked, you must adhere to a proper diet and consume more vegetables and fruits than usual. It is also necessary to gradually abandon the smoothie diet, introducing solid foods into the diet over several weeks.
Do you buy a smoothie at the store or do it yourself?
The answer to this question is very simple, for weight loss you have to prepare the drink yourself, using only fresh and natural low-calorie foods. Analogue cocktails in stores contain sugar, preservatives, colors and flavors that have a bad effect on the body and additionally consume it.
The content of calories in the store often exceeds the limits, such a drink does not contribute to weight loss, but on the contrary will help you gain extra weight. The quality of products used in stores is often low. The manufacturer is trying in all possible ways to reduce production costs in order to make a big profit.
Note!The use of smoothies in the store for weight loss is not recommended; you have to prepare cocktails yourself!
Homemade smoothies are much healthier than store-bought smoothies, and homemade preparations don’t take long. It is enough to have a blender and ordinary products in the kitchen, there is a huge amount of their combinations, so the diet will not be monotonous.
How to prepare healthy cocktails yourself?
The recipe for making diet cocktails is simple, you have to mix all the products in a blender until it becomes smooth and pour into a glass.
- In order for the smoothie to be tasty and of a pleasant consistency, all the ingredients must be thoroughly rinsed, peeled and the seeds removed and dried before cooking.
- Various spices and toppings can be added to the smoothie.
- If you mix sour and sweet fruit, the taste will be richer.
- For thickness, you can add low-fat kefir or cottage cheese to the cocktail.
- If the cocktail is too sour, you can add a little honey during the preparation process.
Before every person who decides on a smoothie diet, the question arises which smoothie recipes to choose in a weight loss blender, to make it tasty, nutritious and healthy, and most importantly no calories. Below are the most delicious recipes that aim to burn fat and reduce hunger for a long time.
Fruit and berry smoothie
Banana and strawberry go well with oatmeal, and the cocktail proved to be moderately sweet and nutritious. This beverage preparation option is perfect for breakfast. The caloric content of such a product is 98 kcal / 100 ml.
- What you need: strawberries - 4-6 pcs, banana - a quarter of fruit, kefir - 150 grams, oatmeal - a spoon.
- Preparation: Mix all the ingredients in a blender, pour into a glass and garnish with strawberry slices.
Citrus fruits are known for their beneficial properties, contain a large amount of beneficial vitamins and contribute to the rapid breakdown of body fat. Thanks to the sweetness of citrus, cocktails with their addition are especially delicious. The caloric content of this cocktail does not exceed 80 kcal / 100 ml.
- What do you need: grapefruit - ½, orange - ½, tangerine - 1 pc. , Natural low-fat yogurt - 150 grams.
- Preparation: The fruit must be peeled and pitted and put in a blender, then add yogurt and whisk well.
"Milk whipped with apples"
This smoothie has a sweet, spicy and rich flavor. The caloric content is 110 kcal / 100 ml.
- What you need: green apple, 150 grams of skim milk, cinnamon to taste, a teaspoon of honey.
- Preparation: Peel and peel the apples, cut into pieces and put in a blender, add cinnamon, honey and milk. Stir the cocktail for a minute until smooth.
"Fruit for breakfast"
The combination of fruit and bran will saturate the body for a long time, and the unique taste will delight you. Fruit juices are sweet and healthy. The caloric content of the product is 105 kcal / 100 ml.
- What you need: 2 fruits (better than seasonal), 1 tablespoon. l. bran, 200 grams of milk, 1 tbsp. l. low-fat cottage cheese.
- Preparation: Mix the bran with the milk and leave to swell. Curd cheese with fruit into a homogeneous mass and add bran with milk, whisk everything well.
Vegetables contain more nutrients, below are recommendations on how to make a smoothie from vegetables for weight loss:
Broccoli is an excellent dietary product that contains a lot of vitamins and antioxidants. Regular consumption of this vegetable slows down aging and causes weight loss. Broccoli is especially useful for people with diabetes. The preparation of such a dinner does not take long. Calorie content in broccoli soup 95 kcal / 100 ml.
- What you need: 150 grams of broccoli, 1 cup of kefir, salt, herbs.
- Preparation: Broccoli must be divided into inflorescences and cook until softened in salted water. In a blender, combine the broccoli, kefir and herbs. Serve the soup warm.
The bright color and flavor of this smoothie will impress even those who don’t like vegetables. Celery smoothie can help you lose weight. The calorie content of the finished smoothie is 68 kcal / 100 ml.
- What you need: 1 tomato without peel, a stalk of celery - 2 pcs, 150 grams of carrot juice, 100 grams of beet juice.
- Preparation: Squeeze the beet juice and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Mix the tomatoes and celery in a blender, add the juice and beat.
This smoothie has a delicate and rich flavor. Despite the non-standard composition, this combination will appeal to many. This shake is perfect for a post-workout snack. The caloric content of the drink is 115 kcal / 100 ml.
- What you need: 100 gr. cabbage, 1 large pear, spinach - 50 gr. , 1 tbsp. l. seaweed, 1 kiwi, 1 cup rice milk, 1 cup water.
- Preparation: Cut the cabbage into cubes, peel the pears and kiwi. Whisk all the ingredients in a blender.
This method of making smoothies aims to lose weight quickly and saturate the body with vitamins. This drink is good for an evening snack.
- What you need: 100 grams of Chinese cabbage, celery stalks, 100 grams of water, avocado, 4 asparagus stalks.
- Preparation: All ingredients must be mixed until smooth.
How to follow a smoothie diet properly?
- One of the best ways is to stick to a healthy diet and replace one of your meals with smoothies. Such a diet will diversify the diet and help reduce the calorie content of the daily diet without large losses.
- Fasting days can be considered another safe and effective smoothie diet. It is recommended to keep them no more than once a week. Diet shakes, water and green tea should be consumed during the day.
- A strict seven-day diet means eating one week 5 times a day exclusively with cocktails. For such a diet it is necessary to prepare and gradually abandon. And in order to maintain the result, it is recommended to switch to a proper diet, replacing one meal with a cocktail.
- A frugal diet consists of replacing 3 meals with cocktails, and for the rest of the meal you can consume boiled chicken, porridge without salt, low-fat kefir. Steam cooking should have a big advantage.
A smoothie diet will be effective if the diet is varied. You should not tolerate the feeling of hunger and dizziness, it is difficult to achieve a good result with exhausting hunger strikes. Proper nutrition and exercise are the key to well-being.